ThousandEyes Drives Multiple Learning Paths with Data-Driven Sales Readiness
- ThousandEyes is a network intelligence SaaS company that uses synthetic monitoring probes to measure network performance.
- It provides visibility into digital experiences delivered over the Internet. The world’s largest companies rely on its platform, collective intelligence, and smart monitoring agents to get a real-time map of how their customers and employees reach and experience critical apps and services across traditional, SD-WAN, Internet, and cloud provider networks.
- Used by some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, including more than 100 of the Fortune 500, 190 of the Global 2000, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 9 of the top 10 global software companies
- The product includes elements of network tomography for loss and latency, route analytics to visualize BGP advertisements, DNS monitoring, VoIP monitoring, website monitoring for HTTP and HTTPS, and SNMP device polling
- For an enterprise growing as quickly as ThousandEyes, onboarding and training were top priorities.
- The company’s director of sales enablement and effectiveness describes herself as a “one-woman shop” for sales enablement in the early years. “Being just one person, I knew I needed something to enable me to onboard a lot of people as fast as possible.”
- She wanted a solution to help new reps master complex product information by appealing to a wide range of learning styles.
- “Our product is very technical, so we need to brief people on technical terms related to the product,” she explains.
- After evaluating several sales enablement systems, the enablement director determined Mindtickle’s data-driven sales readiness platform was the best fit for ThousandEyes’ complex learning needs.
- Mindtickle powered a structured and accelerated enablement program, along with a new sales operating model with designated monthly time for reps to complete learning activities.
- ThousandEyes developed a “Mastery of the Message” campaign with video role-play scenarios and a library of best pitches for sellers to view and learn from, along with a centralized enablement content repository where reps can easily access any content, any time.
- Finally, the enablement team built a certification program for reseller partner channels and their customers.
- Built different learning paths to accommodate various learners and facilitate enablement
- Identified qualifications and attributes to predict new reps’ potential and fit
- Ability to correlate training with reps’ results in the field
- Increased visibility and collaboration among sales leaders and reps
- Expanded enablement function beyond the sales team