Unum Takes Its Sales Enablement to the Next level with Smart Automation
- Provides access to disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental and vision benefits through workplaces
- Services over 177,000 workplaces in the US and UK
- Protects over 38 million people and their families worldwide with almost $7.2 billion in benefits paid each year
- Unum is in the midst of digitizing their entire enterprise, leveraging technology to take them to the next level and achieve their audacious goals.
- Specifically, leadership was eager to see how the Unum enablement team could up-level and modernize training and get sales and customer-facing staff up to speed as quickly as possible.
- In the past, Unum used a blended learning approach for sales training with facilitator-led classroom instruction and a mix of internal resources hosted in various locations.
- With transformation in mind, Unum’s internal technology innovation team suggested Mindtickle to streamline and automate their training and provide functionality that traditional LMS vendors couldn’t support.
- Comprehensive data for more productive in-person learning
- Unum was able to launch their first program in just five weeks, which was designed as pre- work for a traditional classroom training session on a new product launch.
- Using Mindtickle enabled Unum to track who completed their pre-work prior to attending class and access knowledge gaps using easy-to- read heatmaps and dashboard.
- This meant Unum could more effectively use classroom time by addressing gaps in person, instead of repetitively discussing content agents already know.
- The team was also able to develop training and updates on Mindtickle to resolve gaps and provide relevant content.
- Reduced training time in the first three weeks of onboarding by 60%
- Automatically push readiness programs to agents on Start Day
- Increased agent engagement and development satisfaction
- Improved insights into the effectiveness of enablement
- Reduced duplication of content leveraged across multiple roles and systems
- Consistent brand and enablement initiatives driven across the business