If you feel overwhelmed by the number of sales tech software choices out there, you’re not alone. According to Gartner, the sales tech category experienced 10.9% growth in 2021. And as the list of sales tech unicorns continues to grow, merger and acquisition activity is off the charts. Gartner refers to this dynamic as “sales tech mayhem” and advocates continually monitoring the vendor landscape to tame it. So, if you’re trying to determine the best conversation intelligence software for your business, this article is an excellent place to start.
We’ve done the legwork to help you break through the noise and compare 10 popular conversation intelligence tools. The ratings accompanying each solution come from G2.
Compare the best conversation intelligence software solutions
Mindtickle delivers the only single, integrated platform to build and implement an effective sales readiness strategy. Revenue leaders rely on the conversation intelligence functionality in the platform to surface insights that help their teams increase knowledge, internalize ideal sales behaviors, and quickly adapt to change. Mindtickle also offers revenue intelligence technology to provide deal and account health scores after analyzing all of the calls, emails, and meetings that took place. Then it serves reps up with content to send to customers and trainings that will help them win more deals.
- A single system of record — Get everything sales reps and leaders need to be successful, all in one place. Mindtickle’s Call AI is built into a system of record that delivers customer insights, training, onboarding, and content all in one place. It’s one data model and one security model for all.
- Call AI — Automatically transcribe and analyze every sales conversation and unlock valuable insights that let you pinpoint and replicate winning rep behaviors.
- Personalized coaching — Use data from real-world buyer interactions to inform more relevant and effective sales coaching. Drive meaningful behavior change through personalized, adaptive experiences.
- Revenue intelligence — Unlock deal and account health scores, including risk analytics, to guide reps on how to win more deals. Suggest relevant content and training based on a rep’s in-field performance.
See Mindtickle Call AI in action.
Worth noting: G2’s audience of software users ranked Mindtickle #2 on the “Top 50 Best Enterprise Software Products” and #5 on the “Top 50 Sales Software Products” list for 2022.
Mindtickle’s revenue intelligence product is provided through a deep technical integration with BoostUp.ai.
Allego is an all-in-one, rep-centric platform that ensures sellers have the skills, knowledge, and content they need to optimize team success in a virtual world. Built-in functionality allows teams to analyze sales calls, demos, and meetings, identifying key moments to drive the best future outcomes.
- Capture conversations — Transcribe and analyze conversations to help teams find key moments that provide a holistic view of what’s working and what’s not.
- Buyer behavior insights — Learn how buyers respond to messaging and interact with content at each pipeline stage to accelerate future deals.
- Auto-generated highlight reels — See how reps are handling calls and provide just-in-time learning or coaching based on the insights.
Chorus.ai transcribes and analyzes sales meetings in real time so revenue teams can identify winning behaviors and replicate them across teams, drive adoption of process best practices, and upskill teams at scale.
- Deal visibility — Capture and analyze all customer meetings, calls, and emails in one place.
- Market intelligence — Surface which competitors are coming up in conversations, plus see common themes and questions on the minds of customers and prospects.
- Onboarding and skill development — Give new reps access to a curated library of best calls with automatic recommendations on coachable moments. Smart Playlists automatically add new calls when they meet predefined criteria.
Worth noting: Chorus.ai is a ZoomInfo company.
Salesloft is a sales engagement platform that offers sales execution, conversation intelligence, and opportunity management. Conversations is the AI-based call and meeting analysis product within the platform.
- Call and video recording and transcription — Create an exact record for every call to understand what was said and who said it.
- AI-based analysis — Help sales managers identify trends, understand where buyers lean in, and prioritize where sellers should best spend their time.
- Coaching playlists — Build custom playlists featuring clips from the best and worst calls to help with coaching, onboarding, and ongoing skill development.
Gong autonomously captures frontline conversations to help revenue teams better understand deals, teams, and markets.
- Deal transparency — Gather insights from calls, emails, in-person interactions, and CRM to show revenue leaders which deals are on track to close and which need course correction to continue moving forward.
- Feedback loop — Hear directly what buyers are saying and understand what a strong sales conversation looks like for your business.
- People intelligence — Turn data-based guidance into coachable moments and share top-performers’ playbooks across the board to level up the performance of your entire team.
Observe.ai transcribes call center agent conversations and analyzes them to surface insights that improve customer experience, drive revenue growth, boost operational efficiency, and mitigate compliance risk.
- AI Engine — Analyze conversation transcripts and get search results within seconds to help uncover trends and market needs, assess offerings, and expand your lens on your customer experience.
- Moments feature — Organize and categorize conversations to better identify, track, and act on the moments that are most meaningful to your customer experience.
- Discovery Engine — Get more comprehensive insights with recommended keyword and phrase variations that dig into the nuances of customer-agent communication.
Outreach helps revenue organizations automate sales engagement and act on revenue intelligence to improve their efficiency, predictability, and growth.
- Real-time call recording and transcription — Use Natural Language Processing to understand the context of sales conversations. Track key moments in every conversation and prompt reps to self-correct when they’re doing more talking than listening.
- Comprehensive search — Search keywords in transcripts, notes, or content cards to find relevant recordings and moments that give you visibility into your prospects’ pain points and requirements.
- Plans dashboard — Monitor deals from one dashboard that shows the status of all deals and provides access to individual plans.
Wingman is an actionable platform that unlocks insights from every sales interaction. Record calls, review deals, scale coaching, and build a repeatable sales machine.
- Call library — Get calls transcribed, analyzed, and organized into a searchable sales call library you can use for coaching, onboarding, and product intelligence.
- Deal intelligence — Receive alerts that help you identify deals that need immediate attention.
- Game tapes — Share playlists of winning sales tactics with your entire team to accelerate onboarding, promote peer learning, and improve internal team alignment.
Revenue.io is a RevOps platform for conversation guidance, sales engagement, and live call insights and analytics. The Conversation AI product within the platform automatically surfaces the moments and conversations that are ripe for coaching.
- AI-powered notifications — Get notified when a rep needs guidance or asks for help for easy identification of coaching moments.
- Searchable libraries — Annotate and organize calls into libraries around key themes to simplify finding moments that matter for team onboarding and long-term support.
- Salesforce integration — Correlate sales behavior with opportunities, revenue, and any other sales outcome that matters to the business.
Jiminny records, transcribes, and analyzes your sales team’s successes and learnings so your team is empowered to collaborate, coach, and improve revenue effortlessly.
- Playlists — Get new hires up to speed in a third of the usual onboarding time. Use conversation playlists compiled by your more experienced sales talent to educate reps.
- Snippets — Capture key and shareable moments of calls then send them via email, links or MS Teams and Slack. AI-generated call summaries turn call transcripts into bullet-point lists of key conversation points.
- Coaching Frameworks — Set up playbooks tailored by team, CRM activity, and conversation. Live Coaching adds real-time chat and scores to live conversations to refine technique on the fly.
Remember: Conversation intelligence is a means to an end
Conversation intelligence tools give revenue leaders the insights needed to help drive the right behaviors in the reps on the front lines of business every day.
With so many options to choose from, it’s important to consider a frictionless way to meaningfully impact rep readiness. The real power of conversation intelligence comes when the technology is plugged into a larger system of record that makes it push-button easy to help reps win more deals. To do that, you need to recommend relevant content, training, templates, and checklists once the insights are surfaced to not only provide value to your reps, but to drive real behavior change in the field.
Sales reps are busy and have a single-minded focus on making quota. Ease of use is key to the adoption of any technology you introduce to their workflow. At the end of the day, the best conversation intelligence software solution for your business is the one that your reps will actually use.
What is conversation intelligence?
Conversation intelligence, also known as Call AI, is technology that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to review sales conversations and compile data-driven insights for improved sales rep performance.
How does conversation intelligence work?
Conversation intelligence software automatically records, transcribes, and analyzes sales calls, providing direct visibility into what reps are saying and doing on calls every day. It surfaces the insights revenue leaders need to make sure their reps follow best practices, saying the right things in the right moments to increase win rates and close deals more efficiently.
What are the benefits of conversation intelligence?
Here are a few of the benefits the best conversation intelligence software solutions deliver:
- Onboard new sales reps faster by immersing them in the ways your best-performing reps approach discovery and handle objections.
- Help frontline managers better understand the specific mix of sales training, coaching, and tools each individual rep needs to succeed.
- See which enablement talk tracks, content, and training best practices are being used in the field — and which ones lead to closed-won deals.
- Use real-world buyer interactions to personalize coaching to each rep.
- Address the challenges that are blocking reps from progressing deals and improve win rates on complex deals.
- Collect voice-of-customer insights to build deeper understanding of your ideal customer’s needs and drive go-to-market strategies, sales methodologies, and even product roadmaps.