About Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Alexion develops and commercializes immunoregulatory drugs for the treatment of autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases.
- For nearly 30 years , the company has been committed to transforming the lives of patients with rare and devastating diseases, providing innovative drugs that improve people’s lives
- For nearly 30 years, Alexion Pharmaceutical has delivered immunoregulatory drugs for the treatment of rare autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases.
- The important role Alexion’s drugs serve requires in-depth knowledge for their salespeople and the medical community they serve, so training is a priority.
- But they had a problem—their training was far from perfect.
- According to their team, mounds of information was dumped on people all at once, and it was up to them to wade through it.
- And most of the time, they didn’t.
- In fact, a lot of the training traditionally created for international pharmaceutical congresses went unread.
- Their teams would work to create documents that were 80-100 pages that no one ever saw. Alexion knew they needed a new method to deliver this information more effectively.
- Alexion was looking to completely transform their training into a self-paced program that could be broken into a continuum of easily digestible micro-learning modules, as opposed to just dumping everything on their employees at once.
- After reviewing their options, Alexion reached out to Mindtickle for help. To test the value of Mindtickle for their organization, they decided to pilot the platform to help them prepare for the MSVirtual Congress in September of 2020.
- Working with Mindtickle’s Content as a Service (CaaS) team, they were able to reimagine the content they delivered to Congress attendees, and they saw a difference right away
- Saved more than 40% of the development cost for their conference
- Content consumption at the MSVirtual Congress improved from 5% of attendees up to 50%
- The data presented in Mindtickle was not only valuable for congresses, but it could also be repurposed for other applications
- Had more effective pre- and post-meeting materials
- Improved onboarding experience
- Recognition by peers across the industry